Senior Mechanical Engineer
Seeking a Mechanical Engineer who is a highly motivate leader to join our team in Bellingham, WA. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing projects for the Refining, Gas Processing or Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The work will be varied and may include conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, or construction support for projects ranging from small capital or maintenance projects to full EPC capital projects. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple offices.
- Creates and implements ideas to increase repeatability and efficiency thru tools or procedures to maximize the team capability.
- Sizes and specifies fixed and rotating mechanical equipment and packaged equipment; develops the necessary specifications and data sheets to define.
- Conducts pipe sizing, hydraulic studies and other engineering analysis as required.
- Develops RFP packages and makes recommendations for supplier technical selection. Reviews mechanical equipment vendor data and interfaces with suppliers to resolve any technical issues.
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and designers to prepare the project P&IDs and other governing documents; maintains engagement throughout the detail design portion of the project to ensure the resulting 3D modeling activities meet the design intent and quality requirements of the project.
- Leads teams of less experienced engineers to drive deliverable completion, with schedule and budget responsibility for the discipline.
- Provides technical expertise to the organization and maintains strong client relationships.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Assists in preparation of project schedules and estimates to define the project plan.
Skills & Qualifications
- Midstream Gas Processing or Downstream Refining project experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of Caesar Pipe Stress Analysis and PipeFlo programs is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry is preferred with a varied range of project examples.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.